
I haven't had a chance yet to post about our big summer vacation that was taken right before school started. We went to Lake Powell with our friends, the Bergs and the Danleys. We haven't been to Lake Powell since Bryson was 3 and Garrett was a baby. Paul has been begging me every year since to go and I've been too nervous with all of our little kids, but this year I decided it was time. I'm afraid that we will be going every summer now because the boys haven't stopped talking about it.

We went the last part of August and the weather was perfect! It was hot (of course) but not unbearable, it felt refreshing to hop in the water and cool off. We hiked up to Rainbow Bridge one day, and then went to the marina to get rootbeer floats.

This is the houseboat we stayed on... it was pretty nice! The dads and kids slept on the top under the stars while the Moms and babies slept inside on beds in the A/C rooms.

Mckay loved going on the tube. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face. He kept putting his thumb up saying "Go faster, go faster". Then he would make little waves with his hands. Mckay told me that meant to "go over more hills" (translation - waves).

Garrett knee boarding while bitting his tongue - just like his Dad!


The boys loved knee boarding and then they even tried wake boarding and did a great job at that too!

We had a great time just playing around in the water. We played watermelon football in a deep canyon one afternoon (see below). This is a really fun game! You try to pass the watermelon to your teammates by pushing it down in the water and then it pops up again.


I had fun chatting with the girls and reading the last Twilight book. And yes, I even did some knee boarding which was really fun!

Besides the tubing, knee boarding, and wake boarding, the kids had fun going off the slide on the back of the houseboat, fishing , and building sand castles.



As fun as the trip was, it was so nice to come home and take a real bath in clean water and not have fish swimming around me.
3 comments:
Dream vacation
Oh I love Powell! I am glad you guys had such a great time!
such a fun trip! Be careful...keep having so much fun on boats and you'll have to get your own :)
Post a Comment