First and foremost, Jerry has truly built a "great a spacious building", unquestionably worth visiting at some point in your life. I can see why some have called the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium the "8th Wonder of the World." The HD screen alone is 25 yards tall and 60 yards wide. Supposedly the tv cost more than $40 million, more than the original Dallas Cowboys Stadium cost to build -for the entire stadium - and that only for the tv. Unless you see it in person you truly can't even fathom what a HD TV looks like at that scale hanging over the game of play. In addition, the seats are plush leather seats. We were told that there are more than 3,000 flat screen HD TV's throughout the stadium. I thought attending a game at Notre Dame was the end all as it pertained to college football - there is now a new benchmark that won't be easily surpassed.
The video below is the game winning touchdown pass from Max Hall to Mckay Jacobson with 3:00+ left in the game filmed from my iPhone from our seats.
I have been a BYU fan all of my life - my brother Ryan and I have attended some great games together through the years. The only BYU game in my memory that I personally attended that I believe compares to this game is the Miami game from 1990. I missed my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary to attend that game. That game was so great that I don't and didn't have any remorse for missing the big anniversary event. I have joked with my children for years that I hoped their baptisms didn't fall on a Saturday that competed with a BYU home football game because I would sure hate to miss their baptism. Well - this was one of those rare and special games that would have been worth missing something else that was also "special" in order to attend - maybe not your kids baptism, but I sure as heck would have fought to move the baptism to another date so as not to miss this game. What a game!

2 comments:
Man, what a great post! I watched the final touchdown video three times in a row.
The crying shame was the game tonight.
Post a Comment