Monday, July 06, 2009

Scout Camp

Bryson has been to scout camp with Paul at least 3-4 times, but this year he was finally 12, and one of the scouts.  Paul and Bryson have so many stories about camp this year, but here are some of the highlights.  The big hike this year was Coyote Gulch.  They hiked all day and then slept over night down in the canyon, then hike out in the morning.  This was not an easy hike, there was a lot of rock climbing and they had to watch close for flash floods.  I felt much better about Bryson going knowing that Paul was there too!
There's Bryson on the right and a couple other scouts doing some impressive jumps in the lake.

Paul did his 2nd annual Fear Factor at scout camp, good thing they had there handy Blend Tec along for his nasty concoction. YUCK! 
Trying to take a breather and get some shade during the hike...
Bryson sporting his miner's headlamp.  
Paul and Bryson were gone all week, and didn't get home until 9:00 Saturday night.  They were so tired and dirty (and so was my nice white Suburban).  The kids and I missed them and were very excited to see them pull in.  Logan was especially excited.  He kept asking all week for his Daddy and his car.  

2 comments:

Candy said...

glad they made it back safely! And I don't think I even want to ask what is in that concoction!

Scott and Natalie said...

I can't believe how grown up Bryson is! How did you survive without your big men all week?