Saturday, June 13, 2009

Logan's fat lip

We hadn't been to the emergency room lately, and I guess with 5 boys, we are lucky we aren't there more.  Logan had a bad fall.  He was sitting on his little push car that was on the landing in our garage which is followed by 4 steps down.  I was pulling weeds outside and Mckay and Logan were playing, when Mckay ran out to find me saying that Logan was hurt and was bleeding.  When I found him, he was standing in the garage by his little car with his two fingers in his mouth and blood dripping everywhere.

I looked in his mouth and found a huge hole in his lower lip where his tooth and probably punctured his lip.  I started crying because I knew he needed stitched and that he wasn't going to like being held down for that procedure.  By the time we got the ER, we were both crying and had blood all over us.  I was happy to hear the doctor say they were going to give Logan a shot that would knock him out for a bit while they did the stitches.  Ah, that was wonderful!  After having six stitches in his lower lip, Logan woke up a little disoriented.  

Poor little guy!  I felt so bad for him.  I had almost got him off the bottle (I know he is way to old), and that is all he wanted after his stitches.  I have to say though, Logan sure has a cute little pouty lip.  Who can't feel sorry for you with a face like this? 


2 comments:

Brady and Karen said...

Oh, so sad, and also so hilarious! The second to last pictures is so pathetic, we were just cracking up. We want to give him hugs and kisses!

Candy said...

Poor boy! That is so sad!