Sunday, March 07, 2010

Haiti - our first stop!

I know what you're thinking... Haiti? Seriously? Yep! That was our first stop! This part of the island was not affected by the earthquake and it is Royal Caribbean's private beach. I was happy to find that the ship was bringing a bunch of supplies for the victims in Haiti. But, I admit, we did have mixed feelings playing and enjoying the island while we knew there were people suffering not to far from us.

Here is a picture looking out over the island, isn't it beautiful?

We played in a beach volleyball tournament while we were there. We had a blast! Our team got the gold medal. I guess all the years in church volleyball payed off!

Just chillin with my good lookin' hubby! We were twinners in swim shirts. I got fried the day before and decided I better be careful.

However, I couldn't get enough of the warm sun. The girls all laid in the sun while the guys laid in the shade.


Listening to the locals sing us their songs. They were making out pretty good in tips because we were all worried about how the earthquake may have affected them.

I saved the best for last... Paul and his friend Corey did this amazing zipline that started high up in the mountains and came over the ocean, then landed on a little strip of land. The zipline was 1/2 mile long! Incredible to watch, and Paul said it was worth every penny. I decided I would prefer to spend my money on a spa treatment.

No comments: