Sunday, November 22, 2009

While Paul was gone...

I got really bored while Paul was in Australia for a week on business (I still think he was playing) anyways, I whipped up this little gingerbread house! Isn't it totally awesome? Okay, seriously, we went to a Gingerbread house exhibit at Thanksgiving point with Kristen and her kids. Cory was gone too, so we decided that we needed to play! Luckily Grandma and Grandpa came along, because two 2 year olds can do a lot of damage in a place like this!
Can you believe this is a Gingerbread house? It was incredible! It even has a reflecting pond in front. They said it was from a Young Women's group, those girls must have had some talented leaders.
This train was my favorite! You probably can't see the trees very well, but they are grape "twigs" dipped in chocolate with sprinkles. I seriously would love to attempt this with my boys, it was so cute!
The kiddos had fun decorating cookies and drinking hot chocolate...
looking at trains (I love Logan's surprised little face here)...
and getting their faces painted! They were a little busy and asked if one of us wanted to paint faces, so Grandpa stepped in and let his artistic ability roll.
After, we went to Kristen's house to watch the BYU game while the kids played in the first snowstorm of the year! Kristen is going to be wondering why she ever left the nice weather in California for this, but the kids had a blast.
This picture cracks me up. Look at Rachel, I don't think she can even see! But she stayed out with Tanner until the bitter end. I guess that is one way to keep your face warm. It was fun to see Kristen's house, they have done a lot of work there and it is really nice! Thanks for playing with us guys!

3 comments:

Brady and Karen said...

Good humor, Ang! I completely believed that you built that house, and was trying to think of some compliment to give you besides my all-to-comment comment, "Impressive!" What a fun day. We miss Utah at this time of year.

Did you know I'm hosting my very first Thanksgiving this year??? Wish me luck!

Karen Christene said...

that snow is amazing! Ryan and I were glad we didn't go up...our car probably would have gotten stuck :) What a fun outing the kids! Those gingerbread houses were amazing!

Karen Christene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.