Friday, September 11, 2009

School Starts!

School actually started Sept 1st, but Mckay didn't start Kindergarten until today (1o days later!) All our boys are on 4 different bus schedules now. Here is Tanner at the front of the line waiting for the bus on the first day of school, Garrett is in the back with the 5th and 6th graders waiting for their bus.

Garrett started going to the Intermediate School this year with all the 5th and 6th graders in the valley. I wasn't very happy about this, I wished he could have stayed in Elementary school for at least 1 more year. I feel like he is growing up so fast. Garrett is getting very busy this year with just starting a comp soccer team, scouts, and piano. He really seems to like his teacher (she is a huge BYU fan, which helps).
Tanner is in 3rd grade this year and has the same teacher Garrett had a couple of years ago. He is really excited about his class because he has some good friends in it. Tanner has been riding his bike to school a lot this year, he comes home beet red! Tanner is just starting flag football, doing scouts, and piano as well.
Bryson is at the middle school with the 7th and 8th graders. He is in 7th grade and has 7 different periods a day. He has become a pro at the locker thing, but hates having his locker on the bottom. Bryson is trying to convince us that he needs a phone this year, what do you think? Bryson is playing on a comp. soccer team, in scouts, and piano. He is also in a couple of Honor classes this year that will keep us busy. I couldn't even help him with his Algebra homework last night.

Mckay just started Kindergarten 1 hour and 55 minutes ago. He has been waiting a long time
for this day. I got a little choked up taking him down to the bus stop, he is still my baby. Mckay was up bright and early today ready for school, and then had to wait until this afternoon. I think he has asked me,"Mom, how much longer?" at least 12 times!

Here are some of the friends that ride the bus with Mckay. Logan was so sad that he wasn't able to get on the bus today. He even wanted to wear his backpack when we went to the school (okay, so Paul and I followed the bus to school and walked behind the kids to their class along with lots of other parents too). I was so happy that Paul was able to work it in his schedule to see Mckay off today.
This is kind of weird for me to have the house so quiet, everyone is at school and Logan is taking a nap...I will enjoy it for a moment and then, everyone will be home and I will become a taxi driver, teacher, counselor, short order waitress, maid, and a cheerleader. Its nice to have a routine again, at least for the moment.

2 comments:

Danielle Thompson said...

I'm feeling just the same....only one at home can be so very quiet. But the minute everyone else gets home, you go nonstop until bedtime. Good luck keeping 4 bus schedules straight!

Scott and Natalie said...

Your life is crazy! I am glad you get a moment of peace with school now! You are an awesome mom!