Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Its great to be 8!


I can't believe my little Tanner boy is 8!  I guess he isn't little anymore.  I haven't seen anyone so excited to be 8, Tanner is thrilled to be baptized soon and to be a cub scout.   We had a great day.  I checked Tanner out of school to take him to lunch at Dairy Keen, then we went and got doughnuts to take to his class.  Later that night, we made homemade pizzas with Grandma and Grandpa Edwards and Ryan and Karen. Yum, I haven't had homemade pizza for a long time.
Here are the boys singing to Tanner, they take singing the birthday song very seriously (not). Oh, and this is my very fist attempt to make cheesecake, at Tanner's request, it was pretty good. 
Tanner could hardly wait to open presents until after dinner.  He was excited when he saw he got his own cub scout shirt, Tanner was working on his bobcat the very next day, and is ready to get it now.
Logan didn't realize that all the presents weren't just for him, he was right there to help open the presents.

Scott and Natalie called to sing to Tanner for his b-day, here is Logan, once again, beaming while listening to the Edwards' sing.  Easton, Maddie, Parker, you guys have incredible voices.

2 comments:

Candy said...

happy birthday tanner! Sounds like a fun day!
It seems so far off to have an 8 year old, but in reality I guess it is only 2 1/2 years away! wow.

and by the way...I make home made pizza EVERY friday night. Crust and all. I'll give you the recipe if you want...WAY easy!

Scott and Natalie said...

I still can't believe Tanner Wanner is 8. What a cool kid. That is a great picture of Tanner and Logan listening to the Happy B-day song. Glad to hear the party was hopping!