
We just celebrated Mckay's 5 th birthday yesterday! He has been so excited for his birthday and counting down the days. He has been talking about this birthday party and who he was going to invite for weeks. We decided to throw a pirate party.

Captain Mckay invited 10 other little pirates. We lucked out and had record breaking warm temps. and did the whole party outside. Luckily my Mom and Paul were there for the whole party to help out so it ran very smoothly.

We did a bunch of games: a treasure hunt that lead to a pinata, sharks and minnows, musical islands, walking the plank, and pinning the flag on the treasure.

The kids had a blast and I was very happy that we didn't give them their swords until the end of the party because within 5 minutes we had three kids crying with sword injuries.

I seriously felt very blessed yesterday because I had so many people that helped me pull this party together. Of course my Mom and Paul, but I had a friend ask to take Logan to the park while Mckay was at school, then another friend made the cute skulls to put on top of my cupcakes, and then a neighbor ran across the street to help me when she saw me hanging up balloons for the party. She had my backyard decorated in no time. I'm so grateful for my friends and family.
1 comment:
Post a Comment