Sunday, January 15, 2006

New Years in St. George

I think the highlight of the St. George trip this year was going to see the new Joseph Smith movie at the visitor center. It was amazing! And the majority of the kids sat still and watched it, that is amazing too! All of the grandkids are in this picture except the Clyde boys and Katelyn, and then of course Eliza's baby which will be here in a few short months.
This was quite the task, trying to take a good picture of all the grandkids. Luckily we have enough older kids to hold all the younger ones. We enjoyed having the older grandkids this year, we took advantage of their babysitting skills and the adults went out one night to dinner and a movie.
The kids had hours of fun jumping on the trampoline, and McKay was right in the middle of all the action.
It was like Christmas all over again when we opened our cousin gifts. Garrett and Ritchie both got BYU jerseys. Don't they look cool?
With all the chaos at the St. George home 24/7, it was hard for the little ones to get any sleep! McKay tried to get a nap whenever he could. Isn't he adorable?
Paul took the kids to the park while I enjoyed a day at the spa with Jessica. Paul and Ryan had both surprised us for our anniversary's (just a week apart) with a day at the St. George Day Spa. It was awesome! We had facials, pedicures, and a desert stone massage. I wish someone could have taken a picture of Jessica and I in our robes in the waiting room when a man walked in and asked me if I was ready for my massage. This was a the first time I have ever had a man give me a massage, and it was just not the same. The whole time I was laughing to myself thinking about why in the world would this man want to give massages for a living. These were my two conclusions: 1) He is a pervert (which this man was not, infact he seemed more uncomfortable about the whole experience than I) or 2) he is gay and this was is niche to talk about girl stuff all day and about his newest favorite massage lotion, etc. So as I tried to figure him out (he wasn't much for conversation), I asked him if he did this full time. He said "No". I figured he worked at Bath and Body Works, the Clinique counter, or in the shoe department at Nordstroms, I was a little taken back when he said he worked part time at NAPA auto parts! I guess he likes make all types of bodies run smoothly.

Playing football in the backyard of the St. George house. Can you guess which kids are from Vegas? They were freezing the whole time with jackets and hats on, while the rest of were basking in the St. George sun!

1 comment:

Scott and Natalie said...

Easton thinks that "Baby K is so handsome and awfully sweet!" Looks like a fun time! How was the waxing Ang?