Sunday, October 30, 2005

Our Trip to Michigan!


Last week, over UEA break, we took the boys to go see Grandma and Grandpa in Michigan. We were so excited to see them and to see the area where they were serving. Mom and Dad looked great, and we all fell in love with Michigan. It is beautiful, the trees were still full of bright colorful leaves and instead of deer running through their yards, we watched the squirrels play. The mission home is in a very nice neighborhood, just a few blocks from the church and the mission office and about 15 minutes from the airport. The picture (above) was taken with the poster that Mom and Dad take to the airport to go pick up new missionaries .

The boys favorite pass-time was playing in the backyard of the mission home. Bryson had brought his glow in the dark BYU football and wanted to play football as much as possible. The boys seem to really get into the tackle part of the game.

McKay warmed up quickly to Grandma and Grandpa and became Grandpa's pal again in no time. He also loved to be outside playing with the boys, even Grandpa changed his clothes for awhile to play football. McKay has started this new thing were he acts shy and covers his eye with his hand, its so cute!

The boys with Grandma and Grandpa standing in front of the mission home, after walking around the neighborhood and collecting leaves. Note: Beautiful neighborhood with huge homes and huge trees, but I could get lost very easily. There are no mountains to orient yourself and the cute street names aren't very helpful either.

The mission office...this is where it all happens, Dad has his own office next to the A.P.'s office. And the office missionary couples are in the front lobby. Dad has now taken the prize for being on the cell phone the most. Paul, who we all know, is a close runner up, was happy to see that Dad has now won the prize. His phone could be heard ringing anywhere from 6 a.m. to midnight.


Sitting around the kitchen table eating around treat before bed, sound familiar? We had fun hearing Dad's stories and we all had some good laughs! If you ask Garrett what his favorite part of the trip was he will tell you, "the food!" Thanks Mom!

4 comments:

Brady said...

That trip looked like so much fun! I can just see Dad in that last picture saying, "I had to laugh...." or "Well!" Of course I am the one that said the phrase "Bless his heart..." in my talk today. I thought Karen was going to die.

Scott and Natalie said...

Thanks for the pictures Ang! I have been excited to see more of Michigan, most of Scott's pictures were taken at the game!

cory said...

We are pretty jealous. Blake asks three times every day: are we going on the airplane to see Bryson and Garrett?

Brady said...

Paul,

Just letting you know that I fulfilled my side of the bet, and just played that dang song flawlessly.

No guarantee on the performance, but hey, at least I'm getting back to where I was years ago.

So you guys need to have us up there...hehe.