I guess it a given that when you have 5 boys, you will work in the scouting program. I am the Cub Master (for boys 8 -10) and Paul is the YM 2nd Counselor - Deacons Quorum Advisor/Assistant Scout Master (for boys 12-13). I have only been in for a couple of months, but am truly loving working with a bunch of high energy boys. I get to plan a party every month for the scouts and their families! Garrett was one of four boys this month getting his Bear badge and so I wanted to do something special for these boys.
Paul has been working with the scouts for almost 6 years now. Luckily, we now have a son who is 12. Paul seriously loves the calling and has come a long way in his camping abilities. We love to tease Paul about his first overnight backpacking campout as a scout. Paul showed up with his frozen pizza for dinner and a gallon of milk and a box of Captain Crunch for breakfast all in a big cooler to carry on his 14 mile round trip hike (7 miles each way). Now, he is a pro and is still trying to convince me how great it is, which I haven't bought into yet.
The boys had a campout just this weekend, they average one a month. It was a great weekend to go camping, the weather was incredible. Paul not only took Bryson, but Garrett and Tanner as well. Apparently they all stayed up until midnight playing capture the flag and had a blast! I hope that Paul can stay in for a couple more years as our younger boys are all coming up.

2 comments:
We are up for our first pinewood derby in May...I'll have to have Tim get some tips from Paul...and look at you! Scout shirt and all! I was over cub scouts for the last 2 1/2 years in Primary and it is always a party with those boys. Fun that you and Paul both get to be where your kids are.
Only Ang can make a scout uniform look vogue.
Post a Comment