After a weekend away last weekend for Paul and I (which I will post soon), we were ready to just hangout with our boys. We drove from Sandy to Draper then to Provo and were gone all day long and didn't get one Saturday job done, but we had a blast.
After a quick change of clothing, we piled in the car again to head down to Provo and eat at Brick Oven. I love that place! The kids were so excited when a man came around making balloon creations for all the kids. The guy said he could make anything, and the boys were creative in their request, Tanner - a sumo wrestler, Mckay - an alien hat, Garrett - a BYU football player, and Bryson - a football field and ball. We loved having Grandma and Grandpa with us too. 
We then left Grandma and Grandpa and took the boys to something they have been wanting to do for a very long time...go to a BYU Basketball game. The boys were so excited and the Cougars were awesome! We had so much fun. Logan was extremely good, given the fact he only slept 20 minutes all day. I was very grateful for popcorn in the 2nd half to keep him occupied.
We didn't get home until about 10:30 last night and all the kids were sound asleep when we pulled into town. Even though I came home to loads of laundry and an empty fridge, I was so happy to have had all day to play with my boys. As we piled in the car after the game, all the boys were saying thank you and Bryson said, "Mom, I think this was one of my best days of my life so far." I'm learning that sometimes I need to let things drop and just enjoy the moments.

5 comments:
wow! What a fun, fun day! Those balloon creations were amazing! You are such a good mom and they will remember that day and what you did together forever...not that they had to eat cold cereal for dinner because of your empty fridge. :)
fun post!
Wow! A post! How exciting!
So fun! There is nothing better than a day like that. And I agree...love Brick Oven and the crazy balloon guy!
Wow, that is a packed day! I love Bryson's comment. I just need to convince Brady that work (incl. housework and groceries) should not be done on Saturdays. Exclusively play.
Hey Ang, I don't know if you got my email I sent you...if not, I just wanted to let you know to ignore an email you get from paypal.com about a shipment! If you have any questions, you can email me, or leave me a comment.
thanks!
Post a Comment