
Paul and I got to "escape from reality" for a few days in San Francisco with our friends, Jason and Lindsey Danley. We had a blast, we did a ton of stuff in just short time. I have learned from Kristen that you must take advantage of every minute you are on a trip (especially without kids), you don't want to waste any time doing something you could do at home (like go to a movie). Kristen, you should be proud of us!


Paul and I had our first sushi on this trip. I can say that I do like Japanese food, but don't think I can say the same for sushi. However, I did love the California rolls.

We all wore earphones while walking around the prison, Paul had fun keeping us entertained during the boring parts.


Aren't these tulips beautiful? I love seeing Spring in the air! We had fun walking around fisherman's wharf trying all sorts of yummy treats from fish and chips, crepes, and of course Ghirdellis' chocolate.

This is in China town, we were watching these ladies make fortune cookies. It was really interesting!

Ahh, the highlight of our trip was seeing WICKED! I loved the music and wanted to sing along. It was so fun to get all dressed up and have a night out on the town.

Here we are on our biggest adventure...biking across the Golden Gate bridge. What a blast! I seriously loved it.

Once we got to Salsalito (about 8 miles from where we left) we stopped and had lunch then took a ferry back to San Francisco. Notice the nice scenery behind Paul and I in the picture? The sights of San Fran...

Paul and I just cruisin' along. I was so happy to just enjoy some time with Paul without any interruptions - no work, no kiddos, no phone. Now I'm back to reality again. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Edwards for watching our boys. We missed them, but knew they were having a great time playing with Grandma and Grandpa.
3 comments:
So fun! And I'm must say I'm impressed with the whole biking across the bridge thing... I have some issues (for absolutely no good reason) with bridges. I would have been just slightly freaked out. Glad you got a couple days of just being a wife and friend...lucky you!
What a fun trip.... we live just 6 miles from San Francisco (Derek is there every day) and you have done more than we have managed to do. We haven't managed to get to Mamma's, but we know about it. And, we have only managed to walk the kids out about a quarter of the bridge.... we need to get busy.
What a fun trip--with friends, no kids. You guys are so cute.
I am so glad you are posting. It is fun to keep up with your cute family.
I loved biking the bridge, and through Marin county! It is so beautiful and peaceful. Congrats on taking time to do adventures together. I think it's okay to watch a movie on vacation, though! ;)
Post a Comment