McKay loves Baby Einstein shows! We only have a couple, and so when McKay spotted this new DVD at Target, I gave in! Yes, it also benefits me too because 1- he was content to hold onto it the rest of my shopping trip and sit still and 2- I was sick of listening to the other baby Einsteins we have.McKay could hardly wait to get home and watch it, he even took a nap with it! Then, the exciting moment arrived...showtime! I sat McKay down thinking I now had 45 minutes to get something done. Ways I ever wrong. Within seconds, McKay was in tears! I couldn't figure out was wrong with him, until the next musical instrument was played by a puppet. He was scared of the instruments! Of course he wanted to finish it, but only with his Mommy there to hold him and protect him from the scary parts. He had a few cries and was actually shaking, but wouldn't let me turn it off. Talk about a real action packed thriller! Of course his older brothers think this is hilarious and keep trying to tease him. (Kind of like us teasing Cory when he was scared of plants...I remember chasing him around the house with plants, just to make him cry, poor child).
Anyway, if you have a baby that is between 12 mo. - 24 mo. please watch the 60 sec. clip of this movie at www.babyeinstein.com and tell me how your child responds. Simply go to their website, click on "DVDs, VHS, and music CDS" under products, and then there will be 3 DVDs to choose from. Click on Meet the Orchestra and watch the sample. Let me know your baby's responds. Until then, we will be working with a counselor on helping our child overcome his fear.

1 comment:
Correction: It was actually CornScuz that was scared of plants.
Um, I'm afraid that I am the cause of his instrument fear. I brought the guitar out and he was pretty scared with the noise it was making. We'll pay for counseling.
Post a Comment